How to Cook:
(Sautéed Shrimp Paste) - sweet flavour
2. Heat the pan/ or wok then add the cooking oil. Then the pork meat.
- when the pork meat is cooked,set aside and FRY the garlic like in the photo:
3. When the garlic is brown (do not burn it), add the chopped onion and tomato and stir like a really great chef. After 30 seconds add the shrimp paste - Now don't mind the smell, its normal the first 5 minutes.
- Pour in about 1/3 cup water.
It should yield something like this: bubbles appear indicating that the salt level is high.
4. When it start to boil, add 1 tablespoon vinegar. Then the sugar. Continue stirring.
5. Increase the heat & continue to cook until the consistency looks something like these:
6. Serve with green mango, Kare kare, or Turnip (Singkamas), or whatever you feel like dipping into it. ENJOY.